BioM: Hansen, Karen (1954)
Surnames: Hansen, Sommer, Grafe, Woik, Wachsmuth, Erdman, Susar
----Source: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) Thursday, 09/23/1954
Hansen, Karen (Marriage - 18 Sept. 1954)
Miss Karen Hansen of Wausau, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. George Hansen of Colby, Route 2, and Marlyn Sommer of Wausau, son of Theodore Sommer of Owen, were united in marriage in St. Paul’s Ev. Lutheran church, Green Grove, Saturday afternoon, Rev. William C. Grafe officiating at the double-ring ceremony. Mrs. Grafe sang two solos, "O Perfect Love" and "The Lord’s Prayer." Mrs. Pauline Woik, an aunt of the groom, provided organ accompaniment.
A net flounce down the front of the skirt detailed the gown selected by the bride for her wedding. The lace bodice had three-quarter length sleeves. Seed pearls, encrusted the velvet and lace crown that secured her finger-tip veil. She carried a bouquet of white gladioli interspersed with lilies of the valley.
Mrs. Marilyn Wachsmuth, a twin sister of the groom, served as matron of honor. A stole was worn with her shrimp-colored strapless formal that featured a bouffant ruffled skirt. Identically attired Miss Pearl Erdman of Evanston, Ill., filled the role of bridesmaid. They both carried matching bouquets of tinted gladioli and lilies of the valley.
Attendants for the groom included Leonard Wachsmuth as best man and Frances Susar, as groomsman, both of Wausau.
The bride’s mother wore a navy blue suit with red accessories.
Approximately 275 relatives and friends were greeted by the newlyweds at a reception which followed in the church basement which was decorated with crepe paper streamers in colors to match the aides’ gowns. The couple will make their home in Wausau.
Guests from out of town were from Evanston, Ill., Chicago, Ill., Neenah, Antigo, Sheboygan, Milwaukee, Withee, Owen, Wausau, Thorp, Gilman, Marshfield and Minneapolis, Minn.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs