Raymond H. #2 (1933 - 2007)
Contact: Crystal Wendt
Surnames: Castle, Varner, Gillie, Davis, Johnson
----Source: Marshfield News Herald (Marshfield, Wood Co., Wis.) April 3, 2007
Castle, Raymond Henry (14 March 1933 - 18 March 2007)
Raymond H. Castle
BEMIDJI, Minn. -- Raymond Henry Castle, 74, of Bemidj, Minn., died Sunday, March 18, 2007, at the Merit Care Hospital in Fargo, N.D.
Services were held 1 p.m. Thursday, March 22, 2007, at the Tenstrike Community Church in Tenstrike, Minn. Full military honors were provided by American Legion Ralph Gracie Post 14 of Bemidji. Burial will be in the Greenwood Cemetery of Bemidji at a later date.
Cease Family Funeral Home of Blackduck assisted the family with arrangements.
He was born March 14, 1933, in Buffalo, Minn., the son of John W. and Harriet A. (Varner) Castle. After high school, he enlisted in the U.S. Army. He served during the Korean Conflict and attained the rank of private first class. He was awarded a Korean Service Ribbon with four Bronze Campaign Stars, the National Defense and United Nations Service Medals. He was honorably discharged in March 1954. He married Dorothy Jean Gillie on Jan. 15, 1956, at the Pilgrim Congregational Church in Williams, Minn. He owned and operated his own barber shop, and had various locations in Bemidji. He also constructed Castle Highlands golf course. He was the pro/owner of the golf course for 20 years before selling it and retiring.
He is survived by his wife, Jean of Bemidji; two sons, Kurt (Linda) Castle of Greenwood, Wis., and Brad (Renae) Castle of Pinewood, Minn.; four grandchildren and one great-grandson; siblings, Julia (Gene) Davis of Laporte, Minn., John (Deb) Johnson of Buffalo, Minn., Patricia Johnson of Portland, Ore., Jack (Vi) Castle and Roger Castle, all of Butte, Mont.
Messages of condolence may be sent to ceasefuneralhome.com.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs