News: Unity, Wis. (2 Nov. 1950)
Surnames: Cezar, Erickson, Olson, Voss, Domer, Mabbot, Kanter, Weller, Hasenohrl, Baumgart, Zinthefer, Haas, Gullick, Wieland, Salter
----Sources: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 11/02/1950
Unity, Wis. - Nov. 2, 1950
Charles Cezar, who spent the past two weeks with Edward Erickson at John Olson’s cottage on Long Lake, north of Tripoli, returned to his home in the town of Unity.
Mr. and Mrs. Edward Voss and daughter and Gust Voss of Dorchester were recent guests at the Theo. Domer home.
Miss Faith Mabbot of Eau Claire spent several days with her parents, Mr. and Mrs. B. W. Mabbot, in the town of Hull.
Recent guests of Mr. and Mrs. Herbert Kanter of the town of Hull were their son and daughter-in-law, Mr. and Mrs. Donald Kanter and family of Milwaukee, and Mr. and Mrs. Walter Weller, Wauwatosa. On Saturday evening a surprise party was held at the Kanter home in honor of their thirtieth wedding anniversary. The evening was spent socially and lunch was served by the guests. Other relatives attending were Mrs. Martha Weller and Mr. and Mrs. Peter Hasenohrl, Colby, Mr. and Mrs. Clarence Weller and family, Abbotsford, and Mr. and Mrs. Howard Baumgart, town of Colby, Wis. Mr. and Mrs. Kanter was presented with an electric mixer by the group. On Sunday, Mr. and Mrs. Herbert Kanter and their guests entertained at dinner at the home of Mrs. Donald Kanter’s parents, Mr. and Mrs. Rudolph Zinthefer, in Marshfield.
A son was born to Mr. and Mrs. George Haas at the Marshfield, Wisconsin Hospital October 27th.
Mrs. Estelle Gullick of Chicago spent several days with her sister, Mrs. Walter Wieland.
Earl Salter made a trip to Milwaukee where he met Mrs. Salter, who returned from Michigan where she spent two months with her daughter. The Salters returned by way of Middleton where they visited his brother, Ray Salter.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs