Surnames: Brassard Yager, Haines
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 08/29/1946
Yager, Dolores (22 AUG 1946)
Dolores Yager, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Yager of Gilman, became the bride of Willis Brassard, son of Mr. and Mrs. Arthur Brassard of Jump River, in a ceremony performed at Sts. Peter and Paul Church at Gilman at 10:00 o’clock on Thursday, Aug. 22nd, 1946.
The bride was attired in a white gown of net over satin, with long veil caught with an orange blossom wreath and crown. Her wedding bouquet was of white carnations.
The couple was attended by Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Haines, the later being attired in a net over orchid colored silk taffeta. The groom wore navy blue and his attendant a gray suit.
Mrs. Yager wore a blue dress with black accessories and the groom’s mother silk print dress with white hat and shoes.
A reception was held after the ceremony at the home of the bride’s parents at Gilman and a wedding dance was given in the evening at Hannibal.
The newlyweds will reside in Racine, where the groom is employed.
Out of town guests at the wedding were: Mr. and Mrs. Gordon Connors of Cazenovia; Mr. and Mrs. Jos. Haines of Milwaukee; Mr. and Mrs. Lee Pearson of LaValle; Mr. and Mrs. Louis Pearson, Reedsburg; Mr. and Mrs. Fred Pearson of Thorp; Mr. and Mrs. Andrew Kubera and son Louis and daughter Margie, Mrs. Grace Swim, of Thorp; Mr. and Mrs. Arthur Brassard and family of Jump River; Mr. and Mrs. Al Leasard, Mrs. Josephine Leasard of Cadott; Mr. and Mrs. Carl Yager and two sons of Gilman; Mr. and Mrs. Chris Gorsegner, Sheldon; Mr. and Mrs. Richard Gorsegner, Sheldon; Mr. and Mrs. John Grabowski and five daughters, Mr. and Mrs. Michael Olejnieczak, Mr. and Mrs. Walter Olejnieczak, Mr. and Mrs. Walter Terlikowski, Mr. and Mrs. Al Marvik, Gilman; Mr. and Mrs. Harold Driessler, Sheldon; Ed Yager of Waupaca.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs