Laura Mae #2 (1945)
Surnames: Elmhorst, Wegner, Lauterbach, Wagner, Riedel, Capelle, Witheft, Desen, Keerbs, Dorweiler, Luke, Bruckshen, Schnell, Eickmen, Lemke
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) 09/13/1945
Elmhorst, Laura Mae (Marriage - 2 Sept. 1945)
Mr. and Mrs. Vernon Wegner are at their home in Marshfield after a brief wedding trip to the Wisconsin Dells, Madison, and Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
The bride is Laura Mae Elmhorst, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Henry Elmhorst, Sr., Granton. She married Vernon Wegner, son of Mr. and Mrs. Arthur Wegner, Marshfield, on Sunday, September 2, at the Zion Evangelical Lutheran church, Granton. The Rev. William A. Lauterbach officiated in the double ring ceremony.
The bride was attired in a white ninon gown with sweetheart neckline. Her finger tip veil was held in place by seed pearls. She wore a necklace of white pearls, a gift of the groom. She carried a bouquet of white gladioli and pink roses.
The maid of honor was a sister of the bride, Miss Verna Elmhorst. The bridesmaids were Vera Elmhorst, Mrs. Ed Wagner and Mrs. Lloyd Riedel. The groom was attended by Harold Capelle, Jr.
A wedding reception was held at the church parlors for 100 guests.
The bride is a graduate of the Granton high school with the class of 1945. The groom graduated from the Granton high school in 1943 and has since been employed in the office of Roddis Lumber Company of Marshfield.
Those from away who attended the wedding were Mr. and Mrs. George Witheft and Merlyn, Buckingham, Ill.; Mr. and Mrs. Harold Capelle, Herscher, Ill.; Miss Emma Desen, Union Hill, Ill.; Mrs. Sophia Keerbs, Arlington Heights, Ill.; Mr. and Mrs. H. J. Dorweiler, Hamel, Minn.; Mr. and Mrs. John Luke, Milwaukee; Mr. and Mrs. Erwin Bruckshen, Mr. and Mrs. Harold Schnell, Mr. and Mrs. Alfred Eickmen, all from Manitowoc; Mr. and Mrs. Henry Lemke of Loyal.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs