BioM: Elsinger, Sylvia (1942)
Contact: Audrey Roedl
Surnames: Elsinger, Reuter, Goode
----Source: The Loyal Tribune, 19 February 1942
Elsinger, Sylvia (24 JAN 1942)
A 10 o’clock nuptial high mass was solemnized on January 24 at St. Peter’s church in Skokie, Ill., when Miss Sylvia Elsinger, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. John Elsinger of Loyal, became the bride of Richard Reuter, son of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Reuter of Pilot Grove, Mo. The ceremony was performed by the Aloyius C. Stier.
The bride was given away by her father, and high mass was sung by the nuns of St. Peter’s convent, where Sister Florentine, sister of the bride is superior.
The bride wore a rose beige wool two-piece pleated coat style dress and hat to match and wore a corsage of gardenias. The bridesmaid, Mrs. Thomas Goode, twin sister of the bride, was dressed in aqua blue and hat to match and wore a corsage of tea roses.
The groom was attended by his youngest brother, Ralph, and both wore dark suits and carnation boutonnieres.
The wedding dinner was served by the nuns of St. Peter’s convent for 12. The dining room was trimmed in rose and blue, and a three-tiered wedding cake, with a bridal couple emerging from a white bell decorated the table.
In the evening a buffet supper was served to 30 guests at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Goode.
The bride for the past eight years was employed in Chicago, and the groom by the Humphry Tree Expert Co. of Madison.
Guests from away were Richard Rueter, Pilot Grove, Mo.; Mr. and Mrs. Paul Reuter, Slinger, Wis., and Mr. and Mrs. John Elsinger, of Loyal.
The bridal couple left the next day to visit relatives at Slinger, Hartford and Madison. On the following Thursday evening the newlyweds arrived at Loyal to spend a few days at the bride’s home.
The Loyal Tribune joins in wishing the young people a long and happy wedded life.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs