Mr./Mrs. Ed. (Golden - 1944)
Contact: Crystal Wendt
Surnames: Lloyd, Hansen, Flint, Shumway, Funk, Wankovich
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) Thursday, 30 Nov. 1944
Lloyd, Mr./Mrs. Ed. (Golden - 5 Dec. 1944)
Mr. and Mrs. Ed Lloyd’s Golden Wedding anniversary will occur on December 5, the observance of the day being set for November 26, as a more opportune time for their children to come home. They were here for the weekend and a family reunion took place on Saturday evening when supper was served to the group at the paternal home on South Grand Avenue.
On Sunday Mr. and Mrs. Lloyd kept open house to their friends, a large number calling on them to bring personal greetings and good wishes for the years to come. They also received cards, letters and messages from those who could not come in person, also many gifts.
Mr. and Mrs. Lloyd were married at Neillsville by the Methodist minister, Rev. Foster, in the parsonage which was the house now occupied by the Otto Lewerenz family on December 5, 1894. They lived on a farm in the town of Pine Valley until 1924, when they sold the farm and moved to their present home in Neillsville.
One son, Pvt. Thomas Lloyd of Rowell, N. M., is the only one of the children unable to attend the anniversary observance. The children who came were: Mr. and Mrs. Ed. Hansen, Mr. and Mrs. Guy Lloyd and Calvert Lloyd, Union Grove; and Mr. and Mrs. Paul Flint and three children, Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The children who resided here are: Mr. and Mrs. Byno Lloyd, Pine Valley, and Mrs. Vera Shumway, Neillsville.
Two daughters and one son are deceased, Tina, Mrs. Joe Funk, and May Lloyd, and Luie, who died in World War I, and is buried in England. Mr. and Mrs. Lloyd have 17 grandchildren and four great-grandchildren. Cheryl Alice Wankovich, who was born on November 18, is the youngest member of the family.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs