Obit: Schulz, William J. (1856 - 1947)
Surnames: Schulz, Gahl, Aspen, Montman
----Source: CLARK COUNTY PRESS (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) 02/20/1947
Schulz, William J. (30 JUN 1856 - 14 FEB 1947)
William J. Schulz, 90, a prominent farmer of the town of Hewett (Clark Co., Wis.), died suddenly of a heart attack at 9:30 a.m., on Feb. 14, 1947, at his farm home. Funeral services were held Monday afternoon, Feb. 17, at 1:30 at the farm home and at 2:30 at Zion Evangelical and Reformed Church, the Rev. N. J. Dechant officiating. Burial took place in the Neillsville Cemetery. Funeral arrangements were in charge of the Cole Funeral Home. Pallbearers were: Harry Hauge, Henry Stucki, William Amberlang, Chester Klutt, George Poertner and Henry Stiemke.
Mr. Schulz was born June 30, 1856, in Germany. When 22 years of age he came to America and settled in Huntley, Ill., where he worked as a blacksmith and wagon maker. On May 19, 1892, he was married to Augusta Gahl at Huntley. In 1904 they came to Wisconsin and purchased a farm in the town of Hewett, Clark County, where he has since resided.
He is survived by his wife, five children, five grandchildren, and one great-grandchild. The children are: Arthur, William, and Miss Georgiana, who reside at home; Minnie, Mrs. Ole Aspen, Neillsville; Ida, Mrs. Fred Montman, Minneapolis, Minn. One grandchild and three great-grandchildren are deceased. He was the last of a family of six brothers and sisters.
Mr. Schulz had served his town for two terms as supervisor. He was a member of the Reformed church. The men’s chorus of the church sang one song at the home and two numbers at the church.
Out of town relatives who were here for the services were: William Reyberg, Crystal Lake, Ill.; Mr. and Mrs. Fred Montman, Minneapolis, Minn.; Mr. and Mrs. Herbert Aspen, Chicago, Ill.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs