BioM: Hieser, Ella (1946)
Contact: Dolores (Mohr) Kenyon
Surnames: Hieser, Hubbard, Schoenberger, Wagener, Boie, Muckerheide
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark Co., WI.) August 29, 1946
Hieser, Ella (Marriage - 20 August 1946)
Miss Ella Hieser, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Andrew Hieser, and Allen L. Hubbard, son of Mr. and Mrs. B. W. Hubbard, both of Thorp, were married Tuesday, August 20, at St. Bernard’s Church by the Rev. A. M. Muckerheide, in a double ring ceremony.
The bride wore a long-sleeved white lace rayon dress, fashioned with a Basque bodice and pointed peplum, edged with ruffling and over-net skirt. She wore a lace-edged fingertip veil, with a beaded crown, and carried white roses centered with a purple orchid tied with satin ribbon with streamers.
Her jewelry was a locket set with turquoise and rhinestones, a gift of the groom; Lenore Hieser, sister of the bride, was maid of honor, and Louella Schoenberger, cousin of the bride, was bridesmaid. They wore identical lace formals with sweetheart necklines. Their tiaras were pea green and orchid. They carried white roses tied with colored ribbon to match their tiara. Her flower girl, Janith Wagener, niece of the groom, dressed similar to that of the bride, carried white roses tied with yellow ribbon; while Richard Boie, nephew of the groom, acted as ring bearer. He wore a black satin suit with a white shirt. The groom wore a black suit with a gardenia boutonniere. Harvey Boie acted as best man and wore a blue suit with carnation boutonniere.
Their mothers wore black dresses trimmed with white. Their corsages were pink and white roses.
The reception was given at the home of the bride’s parents for the immediate families.
Their honeymoon was spent in a tour through northern Minnesota (balance was omitted).
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs