BioM: Neff, Jane (1946)
Contact: Dolores (Mohr) Kenyon
Surnames: Neff, Manthey, Peterson, Kassner, Buker, Schelling, Karge, Jones, Flaminio, Hanson, Drause, Huebner
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark Co., WI.) September 26, 1946
Neff, Jane (Marriage - September 14, 1946)
St. John’s Lutheran Church, Portage, was the scene of a double ring wedding ceremony at 2 o’clock on Saturday, September 14, when Miss Jane Neff, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Charles Neff, Neillsville, became the bride of Mr. and Mrs. Walter Manthey, 1217 W. Conant St., Portage, Wis. The Rev. Gerhard Huebner read the marriage service.
The bride wore a white brocaded satin gown with lace inserts, a finger tip veil with a tiara of orange blossoms and pearls. She carried a bouquet of red roses and white pompons.
Mrs. Gerhard Huebner sang "Perfect Love."
Miss Shirley Peterson of Neillsville, a friend of the bride, was bridesmaid.
Karlton Kassner, Wisconsin Dells, cousin of the groom, was best man.
After the ceremony a reception was held at the home of the groom’s parents where a buffet luncheon was served to the guests.
The bride and groom left for a short honeymoon trip to Illinois. The bride chose for her going away costume a light green suit with brown accessories.
Out-of-town guests included: Mr. and Mrs. Buker, Greenwood, and Mrs. Charles Neff, Neillsville; Mr. and Mrs. John Schelling, Rockford, Ill.; Mr. and Mrs. Frank Kassner and daughter Alberta, Herman Kassner, Wisconsin Dells; Mr. and Mrs. Herb Kassner and daughters, Donna Mae and Karen Kay, Janesville; Miss Adeline Kassner, Mrs. Adam Karge, Mr. and Mrs. Howard Jones, Baraboo; Mr. and Mrs. Albert Flaminio, Iron Mountain, Mich.; Walter O. Hanson, Chicago, Ill. and Mr. and Mrs. Raymond Drause, Madison.
Many lovely gifts were received by the bride and groom.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs