BioM: Davis, Edna Mae (1948)
Contact: Dolores (Mohr) Kenyon
Surnames: Davis, Young, Gutknecht, Kier, Piquet, Wells, Harborn, Sommers, Pinion, Hinz, Wilcox, Swenson, Zopf, McDonald, Fischer, Korth, Clark, Miller, Sowfal, Radloff, Schymanski, Custer, Idschow, Leonard, North, Goodell, Frese, Foemmel
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark Co., WI.) September 9, 1948
Davis, Edna Mae (Marriage –28 August 1948)
Miss Edna Mae Davis, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Irving Davis of Chili, became the bride of Norbert Thomas Young, son of Mr. and Mrs. Clarence Young of Auburndale, on August 28, (1948) in a double ring ceremony solemnized in the Evangelical United Brethren Church in Chili. The Rev. S. A. Gutknecht performed the service.
The bride entered the church on her father’s arm, gowned in white sating with a full train with lace inserts. Her gown was further embellished with a sweetheart neckline, and with long pointed sleeves. Her finger tip veil was edged in lace and caught to a tiara of mock orange blossoms. She wore a gold cross, a gift of the groom, and carried a bouquet of red roses and white gladioli.
Her maid-of-honor was Miss Vivian Young, only sister of the groom, and her bridesmaid was Miss Ruth Davis, only sister of the bride. The two were gowned in identical dresses of taffeta, pale blue and pale yellow respectively. They carried bouquets of pink carnations and white snapdragons.
Walter Davis, brother of the bride, was best man, and Bernard Kier of Marshfield was groomsman. Ushers were Norman Davis, brother of the bride and Vernon Piquet of Auburndale, a cousin of the groom.
Karen Young, a niece of the groom, was flower girl, and was dressed in a pink taffeta frock styled like those of the bridesmaids. She carried a miniature of the bride’s bouquet.
Vocalists were Alice and Norbert Kier of Marshfield, who sang "The Love of God" and "What God Hath Promised," accompanied at the piano by Colleen Sue Wells, of Stratford.
A five o’clock supper in the church parlors was given for one hundred guests. Bouquets of garden flowers and white candles decorated the tables. The young couple left for a wedding trip into northern Wisconsin, after which they will be at home in Auburndale, where Mr. Young is a farmer.
The bride is a graduate of the Marshfield High School, and has been employed for the past four years by the Curtiss Companies, Inc., at Wausau. The groom graduated from Stratford High School.
The wedding cake was made by Mrs. Roy Harborn of Marshfield as a wedding gift. Table waitresses were the Misses Alice Kier, Blanche Sommers, Joan Pinion and Virginia Hinz.
Out-of-town guests included: Mr. and Mrs. Homer Wilcox and family, of Cattaraugus, New York; Mr. and Mrs. Don Swenson, Kermit Zopf, Dr. and Mrs. Roy Harborn, Mr. and Mrs. Kenneth Piquet and sons, Kenneth, Jr., and Terry, and Mr. and Mrs. Donald Kier, Everett Kier, Bernard Kier, Milton Kier, Norbert Kier, Muriel Kier, Mrs. George McDonald and daughter, Terry, Miss Joan Pinion, all of Marshfield; Mr. and Mrs. Don Fischer of Waukesha.
Malcolm Young of Oostburg; Mr. and Mrs. Walter Korth of Owen; Sherman Davis of Cadott; Mr. and Mrs. Lindsey Clark, Mr. and Mrs. Harry Miller and Miss Virginia Hinz of Granton; Miss Jean Sowfal, Mr. and Mrs. Wilbert Radloff and sons, Mr. and Mrs. Charles Schymanski, Mr. and Mrs. Norris Young and daughters, all of Wausau; Miss Doris Custer, Harold Idschow, Mr. and Mrs. Roy Leonard, Mr. and Mrs. Kermit North and family, and Miss Blanche Sommers, all of Stratford.
Mr. and Mrs. Everett Goodell and Edith, of Loyal; Mr. and Mrs. W. H. Young, Mrs. Esther Goodell and Mr. and Mrs. Ed Frese, all of Iowa; Mrs. Ann Piquet, Vernon Piquet, Mrs. and Mrs. Lloyd Young, Mr. and Mrs. Clarence Young, Miss Vivian Young, Mr. and Mrs. Royce Young, all of Auburndale; and Mr. and Mrs. Howard Goodell and Ronny, Mr. and Mrs. Gerhardt Foemmel, and Mr. and Mrs. Gerald Davis and Elaine, all of Neillsville.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs