BioM: Yager, Vivian C. #2 (1939)
Surnames: Duellman, Yager, Gierl, Heppner
----Source: ABBOTSFORD TRIBUNE (Abbotsford, Wis.) 11/09/1939
Yager, Vivian C. #2 (4 NOV 1939)
At a nuptial high mass in St. Bernard’s Catholic Church, Miss Vivian C. Yager, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Yager of Chicago, and henry Duellman of Abbotsford, exchanged marriage vows before the Rev. C. D. Brady on Saturday morning at 9:30.
The bride, in a beige sheer wool dress, with a corsage of brown and green orchids, was attended by her cousin Mrs. R. C. Heppner and Mrs. Ernest Gierl, the groom’s daughter, both of Colby, Wis. Green sheer wool was worn by the former and an ensemble of cedar was worn by the latter.
Matthew Duellman of Abbotsford attended the groom, his father, as best man; Ernest Gierl of Colby, a son-in-law, also attended Mr. Duellman.
A reception was held for the bridal couple at the R. Heppner home, Colby, Wis. Dinner and supper were served to 72 relatives and friends. In the evening a wedding dance was held at the Abbotsford Armory.
Mr. and Mrs. Duellman will be at home to their friends after Nov. 15. Mr. Duellman is well known in Abbotsford, where he operates a tavern. Mrs. Duellman, before her marriage was employed in Chicago as a secretary.
Among the relatives from a distance who attended the wedding were: Mr. and Mrs. Frank Yager, Chicago; Dr. and Mrs. F. M. Yager, Evanston, Ill.; Miss Catherine Yager and Mrs. Florence Yager, Highland Park, Ill.; Mr. and Mrs. Les Behrens and Mr. and Mrs. Victor Haben, Prairie View, Ill.; Mrs. Roy Haben, Niles Center, Ill.; Mrs. William Sandy, Miss Anna Schick, Miss Winne Walker, Miss Marth Bohl, Miss Evelyn Nardy and Dave Reese, Chicago; Mr. and Mrs. F. Screttler and Mr. and Mrs. D. Pell, Fountain City; Mr. and Mrs. William Pell and family of Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs