BioM: Smiley, Mary #2 (1934)
Surnames: Smiley, Bulgrin, Crandall, Green, Pudlas, Halverson, Weddig, Johnson, Hall, Buchanan, Stabnow
----Source: Abbotsford Tribune (Abbotsford, Clark County, Wis.) 07/05/1934
Smiley, Mary (Marriage - 27 June 1934)
A pretty wedding was solemnized at the L. W. Smiley home Wednesday evening, June 27, 1934, at seven o’clock, when Miss Mary Smiley of Curtiss became the bride of Mr. DuWayne Bulgrin of Long Beach, California. Rev. Crandall of Merrillan, read the marriage ceremony.
In the bridal procession which marched down the stairs for the ceremony were Miss Nellie Green of Curtiss as maid of honor, Miss Mildred Hall of Medford as bridesmaid, Burdell Bulgrin of Long Beach as best man, Elaine and Betty Lou Bulgrin of Owen as ring bearers. The bride, who was given in marriage by her father, was dressed in a floor length white satin with a cap effect veil and carried a bouquet of roses, carnations and streamers. The maid of honor was dressed in a floor length pink crepe dress. They both wore rhinestone head bands and carried arm bouquets of roses. Miss Esther Pudlas played the wedding march and Miss Rachel Halverson sang "I Love You Truly."
After the ceremony, supper was served to about 65 guests. The dining room was decorated in pink and white, for the event.
Out of town guests were Mr. and Mrs. Charles Bulgrin of Somerset, Mr. and Mrs. G. H. Bulgrin and Mr. and Mrs. Otto Bulgrin of Marshfield, Mr. and Mrs. C. Bulgrin and son of Long Beach, Cal., Mr. and Mrs. Louis Bulgrin, Mr. and Mrs. Henry Weddig and Mrs. Johnson of Owen, Mr. and Mrs. Will Hall, Medford, Mr. and Mrs. Glen Buchanan, Withee, and Mr. and Mrs. Aug. Stabnow of Greenwood.
Mr. and Mrs. Bulgrin will spend about a month in this vicinity and then leave for Long Beach where the groom does truck driving.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs