News: Curtiss, Wis. (24 Oct. 1957)
Surnames: Hennlich, Meyer, Peissig, Bakke, Kramer, Peterson, Tonn, Schultz, Geary, Eng, Stockmeyer, Vebehlen, Nenzel, Erickson
----Source: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 10/24/1957
Curtiss, Wis. - Oct. 24, 1957
Mr. and Mrs. A. J. Hennlich left Saturday for Chicago where they will join a special train bound for Los Angeles, Calif., to attend the national postmasters’ convention. They will be joined enroute by postal personnel. They will also enjoy sight-seeing and expect to be gone about 18 days.
R. B. Meyer, a native of Unity, of Gig Harbor, Wash., is visiting at the home of his brother and sister-in-law, Mr. and Mrs. Frank Meyer of Colby, Wis. Mr. Meyer owned a cheese factory at Unity and Corinth before the family moved to Washington in 1922. This is his first trip east in 35 years. He is renewing acquaintances and is visiting relatives in this area for over 25 years.
James Peissig in the U.S. Marines in San Diego, Calif., is home on leave with his mother, Mrs. Opal Peissig.
Mr. and Mrs. Albert Bakke spent several days at the home of their brother-in-law and sister, Mr. and Mrs. Kenneth Kramer, at Belleville, Wis.
Mrs. E. M. Peterson is visiting this week at Madison with her son and daughter-in-law, Mr. and Mrs. Art Peterson.
Mrs. Anna Tonn went to Milwaukee Saturday to visit her sisters. She accompanied her nephew, Clarence Schultz who drove down to get his wife who spent several days with a sister. They returned home Sunday.
Mr. and Mrs. C. W. Geary entertained at a family dinner Sunday. Present were Mr. and Mrs. Oaf Eng of Chaseburg, Mr. and Mrs. Clarence Stockmeyer and Mr. and Mrs. Bernard Vebehlen of La Crosse, Mr. and Mrs. Clifford Nenzel of Stanley, Mr. and Mrs. Wm. Geary of Edgar, Mr. and Mrs. A. M. Erickson and Mr. and Mrs. Willard Geary and daughters.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs