BioM: Hiebsch, Mary J. (1948)
Surnames: Hiebsch, Lehnen, Stasek, Baehm, Platta, Goldamer, Mulvanney, Delsing, Mauel
----Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 07/08/1948
Hiebsch, Mary J. (26 JUN 1948)
Holy Rosary Catholic Church at Owen (Clark Co., Wis.) was the scene of a most beautiful June wedding when a solemn High Mass ceremony joined Mary Jane Hiebsch and Herbert N. Lehnen in Wedlock. The double ring ceremony was officiated by Rev. Fr. Raymond Bornbach and assisted by Fr. Francis Brockman of Abbotsford and Fr. Walter Dillenburg of Marshfield was performed at nine-thirty Saturday morning, June 26, 1948.
Approaching the altar on the arm of her father who gave her in marriage, the bride wore a marquisette over a taffeta skirt with a lace yoke and peplum veil with a train bordered with lace. Her jewelry consisted of a double strand of pearls with matching earrings given to her by the groom. She carried a bridal bouquet of white lilies, gladiolas, and centered with an orchid. For something old she carried a lace handkerchief, she borrow the veil used by the groom’s sister, Mrs. Albert I. Platta and for something blue she wore a blue and white lace garter.
Attending her were her sister Lois as maid of honor and bridesmaids Joyce Stasek and Adeline Baehm, cousins of the bride, and Agnes Lehnen, sister of the groom. The maid oof honor wore a gown of white marquisette with matching gloves and headdress. All the bridesmaids wore identical gowns of marquisette with bertha collars, full skirts, matching bonnets and gloves. Their gloves were of orchid, yellow and blue respectively. All carried similar mixed bouquets of white and yellow carnations, white and yellow daisies and white gladiolas. All wore pearl necklaces as gifts from the bride.
David Platta, a nephew of the groom, was ring bearer, and was dressed in white. Little Gloria Goldamer, second cousin of the bride, was flower girl. She was dressed in a gown of white net over taffeta with a full skirt with a blusher veil and matching gloves. She wore a gold cross necklace as a gift from the bride.
Attending the bridegroom were his brother Eddie as best man and groomsmen Henry Mauel, Jr., a close friend, and Thomas Mulvanney, a cousin of the bride, and Harry Delsing, a friend of the groom.
During the ceremony the choir sang "Mass of Shepherds" and Betty Devine sang "Ave Maria," accompanied by Mrs. W. K. Doonan at the organ.
At noon a wedding dinner was served to more than 150 persons at the Woodland Hotel and later that afternoon a reception attended by more than 350 persons was attended at the home of the bride’s parents. The home was beautifully decorated with crepe streamers of white, blue, yellow and orchid with large wedding bells and baskets of flowers completing the decorations of the home and lawn.
The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Hiebsch of Curtiss. She attended Midway School and was graduated from the owen High School with the class of 1948.
The groom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. N. C. Lehnen. He attended parochial school at Medford, St. John’s College at Collegeville, Minn., and attended the River Falls State Teachers’ College prior to his induction into the U. S. Army. He served overseas for two years in the European Theatre of operation. He is now assistant manager of the Woodland Hotel in the city.
Among the guests attending the dinner other than the immediate relatives and friends of the couple were: Mr. and Mrs. John Greschner, Withee; Miss Bonnie Marking, Mr. and Mrs. J. M. Barager, Mr. and Mrs. Robert Cattanach, Mrs. Helge Knight, Am. M. Wilson, Mr. and Mrs. W. Doonan, Misses Alice and Betty Devine, Mr. and Mrs. Foster Will, Mr. and Mrs. Ray Cozemius, Mrs. Paul Strohkirch, Mrs. Tony Ciokiewicz and daughter Dorothy, all of Owen, and Mr. and Mrs. Frank Hiebsch of Curtiss.
Among the other guests attending ….(This info was on another page that I did not have a copy of)
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs