BioM: Michur, Evelyn (1948)
Surnames: Michur, Roytek, Posda, Balicki, Skaleski, Przybylski, Strzock, Jietrzen, Piwoni, Jarocki
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 05/06/1948
Michur, Evelyn (17 APR 1948)
In a ten o’clock ceremony at St. Hedwig’s Catholic Church on Saturday morning, April 17th, 1948, Rev. Francis Piekarski joined in holy matrimony Miss Evelyn Michur, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. George Michur of Withee (Clark Co., Wis.), and Barney Roytek, son of Mr. and Mrs. John Roytek of Thorp.
The bride was beautifully attired in a gown of white satin with marquisette yoke and lace peplum. She wore a long train and her long veil fell from a beaded tiara. Her two strand pearl necklace and earrings were the groom’s gift. She carried a wedding bouquet of white roses.
Attending the couple were Leonard Posda, cousin of the groom, and Stella Michur, first bridesmaid, who was attired in blue chiffon. Lorraine Balicki, maid of honor, was dressed in blue, as were Ramona Skaleski, cousin and the groom, and Adeline Przybylski, both bridesmaids. Ushers were Edward Strzok and Eugene Jietrzen, the bride’s cousin. Little Patsy Piwoni, cousin of the bride, who was dressed in white satin, served as flower girl and carried a basket of mixed roses. Archie Jarocki was ring bearer.
The bridesmaids and flower girl wore heart shaped necklaces, a gift of the bride.
The groom was attired in a black tuxedo.
A reception following the ceremony was held at the P.N.A. Hall, attended by many relatives and friends.
The happy couple will reside on the groom’s farm northeast of Thorp which he will operate and also continue as farm auctioneer.
Out of town guests at the wedding were: Helen and Dorothy Leja, Mrs. Joe Sopiarz, of Chicago; Mr. and Mrs. Wayne Burgess and friends of Minneapolis; Mrs. Chas. Andruszkiewicz, Mr. Nopper and Eddie Pachuski, Mr. and Mrs. Frank Kudingo and family, of Ladysmith.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs