William A. (1870 - 1932)
Surnames: Lowell, Lewis, Elsinger, Whitlock, Wigal, Rice, Clothier
----Source: Sharon, Wisconsin newspaper
Lowell, William A. (20 Jan. 1870 - 26 Feb. 1932)
FORMER RESIDENT DIES AT MADISON HOSPITAL
Remains of William A Lowell Brought Here for Burial.
Funeral services for William A Lowell, of Loyal, Wis., a former resident of Sharon, were held at the Methodist church Sunday afternoon at 1:30 with Rev. S. B. Lewis officiating. Interment was made at Oakwood. Those from out of town in attendance at the services were: Mrs. William Lowell and Sylvania Elsinger, of Loyal, Wis; Mr. and Mrs. Ralph Lowell, Guttenberg, Iowa; T. C. Lowell, Rockford, Ill., and Mrs. and Mrs. Ernest Lowell and two sons, Palmyra, Wis.
Mr. Lowell, who had been in failing health for several months, passed away at the Wisconsin General Hospital in Madison on Friday, Feb. 26, 1932, at 12:30 in the morning.
William Abram Lowell was born in Sharon, Wis., January 20, 1870 and was the son of Emery E. Lowell and Carrie Whitlock Lowell.
As a boy he attended school at South Grove and grew to young manhood in this vicinity. While in his teens he, with his parents, moved to Iowa.
He was united in marriage to Miss Lida Wigal, of Springfield, Minn., on Dec. 2, 1896. The family lived for several years in Minnesota. Later they moved to North Dakota and for the last twenty years they have resided at Loyal, Wis.
Besides his widow, Mr. Lowell is survived by two sons, Ralph, of Guttenberg, Iowa, and Earl, who is living in Wyoming. There are three grandchildren. The following sisters and brothers are still living: Addie Rice, of Estherville, Iowa; Ernest Lowell, of Palmyra, Wis; Thomas Lowell, of Rockford, Ill.; George Lowell, of Detroit, Mich., and Katherine Clothier, of St. Louis, Mo. Two sisters and one brother preceded him in death.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created
and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs