Gertrude C. (1917 - 1944)
Contact: Audrey Roedl
Surnames: Voss, Beaver
The Loyal Tribune 29 June 1944
Voss, Gertrude C. (7 SEP 1917 - 18 JUN 1944)
The community was greatly saddened when it became known that Mrs. Herbert Voss had answered the summons to abide in that city not made with hands. She passed away at the Luther hospital in Eau Claire at 11:125 Sunday evening, June 18, at the age of 26 years, nine months and 11 days.
Mrs. Voss (nee Gertrude Catherine Beaver) was born in the town of Loyal on Sept. 7, 1917. On Oct. 31, 1939, she was married to Herbert Voss. To this union two sons, Kenneth and Wayne were born, who with the husband mourn her untimely death. She is also survived by her parents, Mr. and Mrs. Nick Beaver, and by three sisters and four brothers.
The funeral rites were held last Wednesday afternoon at the Trinity Lutheran church, of which she was a faithful and devoted member. The Rev. J. C. Langholz officiated. She was laid to rest in the Union cemetery.
Gertrude was a loving wife and mother, who gave unsparingly of her time and affection for her family’s happiness and comfort. This was always foremost in her thoughts. The crowded church and the many beautiful floral pieces were eloquent evidence of the love and esteem in which she was held by her relatives, neighbors and friends. Her memory will long remain in the hearts of all who knew her.
Relatives and friends from away who attended the funeral were: Selma Voss and Mr. and Mrs. Albert Stange of Milwaukee, Mrs. W. E. Meyer and Miss Dorothy Grob of Manitowoc, Mrs. A. Grob and Mr. and Mrs. A. Koch of Merrill, Mr. and Mrs. Schilling of Weyauwega, Mrs. Anna Connell of Waukesha, Mrs. Julia Kuester of Waupaca, M/Sgt. And Mrs. c. c. Olson of Miami, Fla., Mr. and Mrs. Howard Beaver of Watertown, Mr. and Mrs. George Beaver of Granton, and Mr. and Mrs. Eddie Miller of Marshfield.
The Tribune extends to the bereaved its sympathy in the loss of a loved one.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs