BioM: Austin, Betty J. (1944)
Contact: Audrey Roedl
Surnames: Austin, Kauffman, Dolan, Kuehling, Arnold, Remny
The Loyal Tribune 21 July 1944
Austin, Betty J. (9 JUL 1944)
Of interest to Loyal Tribune readers is the announcement of the wedding of Miss Betty Jane Austin of Arlington, Va., and Pfc. Charles L. (Larry) Kauffman of Fort Manmouth, N. J. The groom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Ray Kauffman of Madison and spent his boyhood here.
The wedding ceremony was officiated at by the Rev. Walter Lockett at the Community Methodist church in Arlington and took place on Sunday, July 9.
Given in marriage by her father, the bride wore a white organdy gown designed with a fitted bodice, bracelet-length sleeves and a billowing skirt, which ended in a train. Her fingertip veil was caught to a simple headdress, and she carried a bouquet of gardenias and stephanotis. For "something old" she wore a lavalier fashioned from earrings belonging to her grandmother.
Miss Grace Kauffman of Washington D.C., a sister of the groom, was maid of honor, and Miss Betty Dolan of Arlington, was bridesmaid.
The groom’s attendants were Pfc. Warren Kuehling of Chambersburg, Pa., and Pfc. Harold Arnold of Fort Monmouth. Ushers were Pfc. Donald Remmy and Pfc. William Austin, both of Fort Monmouth.
The bride is a graduate of Martha Washington seminary at Fredericksburg, Va., is employed by the United States treasury department. Private Kauffman was graduated from the Neillsville high school in 1940 and attended the Milwaukee School of Engineering, the Chicago Institute of Technology and the University of Wisconsin. He was enrolled in the Virginia Military Institute as an ASTP student and is now stationed with the signal corps at Fort Monmouth.
The Loyal Tribune joins their many friends in wishing them a long and happy journey through life.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs