BioM: Boss, Lenore #2 (1942)
Surnames: Boss, Meyers, Miller, Schmiechen, Bahn, Schulte, Tesmer
----Source: Abbotsford Tribune (Abbotsford, Clark County, Wisconsin) 04/30/1942
Boss, Lenore (Marriage - 25 Apr. 1942)
Miss Lenore Boss, in a floor length gown of sheer ninon with long sleeves and a lace bodice, simply set off at the neck by a single strand of pearls, her bridegroom’s gift, wearing a finger tip veil and carrying an arm bouquet of pink and white carnations and yellow roses, exchanged marriage vows with Herbert Meyers, Jr. The ceremony was performed in the Evangelical and Reformed church at 2:00 o’clock Saturday afternoon, when the Rev. S. A. Schmiechen read the nuptial service. Two vocal solos were sung by Mrs. George Miller.
The bride, who is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Walter Boss, was attended by her sister, Violet, as maid of honor. Miss Berneta Bahn, Milwaukee, and Miss Audrey Schulte, a cousin of the groom, Colby, also attended the bride. Dressed in frocks of lace trimmed ninon in aqua, pale pink and yellow respectively, they all carried colonial bouquets.
The groom, son of Mr. and Mrs. Herbert Meyers, of Colby, was attended by Bernard Tesmer, Colby, as best man; Ernest Boss , brother of the bride and Sylvester Tesmer.
For her daughter’s wedding, Mrs. Boss wore a dress of navy blue while the groom’s mother wore one of powder blue. Both wore shoulder corsages.
Following the ceremony a reception for approximately 65 guests was held at the home of the bride’s parents. Colors of white, aqua, pink and yellow, to harmonize with the gowns of the bride and her attendants, were used in the home decorations, as well as in the three tiered wedding cake which was the center piece of the bridal table.
In the evening, Mr. and Mrs. Meyers received the best wishes of their friends at a wedding dance at Wiedenhoeft’s pavilion.
The young couple are making their home on the farm with the groom’s parents.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs