Frances #2 (1944)
Surnames: Goeltz, Neitzel, Lee, Comeaux, Younker, Bradley, Ruehning, Kloehn, Helm, Hahn, Bauer, Fruith
----Source: Abbotsford Tribune (Abbotsford, Clark County, Wis.) 06/01/1944
Goeltz, Frances (Marriage - 24 May 1944)
At a candle light service held at the home of her parents, Mr. and Mrs. Frank Goeltz, Miss Frances Goeltz became the bride of Delbert Neitzel, son of Mrs. Florence Neitzel of Abbotsford, Wis. The ceremony was performed by the Rev. Harry Lee of Thorp, former pastor of Colby Methodist church, at 7:00 o’clock Wednesday evening, May 24.
The couple were attended by Miss June Comeaux, of Oshkosh, as maid of honor, Frank Goeltz, Jr., as best man, and by Mr. and Mrs. Leo Younker, Dorchester, and James Neitzel and Miss Geraldine Neitzel, Abbotsford, Wis.
The bride wore a white silk jersey suit with orchid corsage and small white hat. Miss Comeaux wore a black and white checked suit with orchid hat. Mrs. Younker wore a yellow silk Jersey dress with orchid hat and Miss Neitzel wore a white linen suit with white hat. All three attendants wore corsages of mixed flowers.
Following the ceremony, a reception was held for about 40 guests at the Goeltz home, which was decorated with blue, yellow, white and green streamers and flowers. A large wedding cake formed the centerpiece. A wedding dance was held at Wiedenhoeft park that night. The bride is a graduate this year of Colby high school, and she and her husband will make their home on a farm near Dorchester, Wis.
Out of town guests present included Mrs. Florence Neitzel and family, Abbotsford; Mr. and Mrs. Arthur Bradley and Mr. and Mrs. Vincent Bradley, Fisk; Miss June Comeaux and Duane and Gene Huehning, Oshkosh; Mr. and Mrs. Emil Kloehn, Miss Phyllis Helm, and James Kloehn, of Pickett; Mr. and Mrs. Leo Younker, Mrs. Joseph Younker, and Miss Etta Younker, Dorchester; Mr. and Mrs. Charles Hahn, Curtiss; Mrs. Ruth Bauer, Medford; and Mrs. Tillie Fruith, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs