Dorothy Mae #2 (1944)
Surnames: Nelson, Thieme, Goetsch, Thompson, Marshall, Genrich
----Source: Abbotsford Tribune (Abbotsford, Clark County, Wis.) 06/15/1944
Nelson, Dorothy Mae (Marriage - 15 June 1944)
Miss Dorothy Mae Nelson, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Albert H. Nelson, became the bride of Franklin F. Thieme, Curtiss, this afternoon at 2:30 in St. Paul’s Evangelical Lutheran church at Curtiss. The Rev. M. C. Goetsch read the service.
During the ceremony, Miss Adeline Goetsch, accompanied by Miss Mildred Thompson, sang "Because" and "Be Thou Our Guide." The wedding marches were played by Mrs. Goetsch.
For the wedding the bride had chosen a white satin gown, designed with a sweetheart neck line and long sleeves. The full skirt was of sheer ninon. The bride wore a necklace of pearls and seed pearls were in the tiara which held the finger tip veil of illusion net. Pink and white roses and swansonia made up the bridal bouquet.
Attending the bridal couple were Miss Marjorie Marshall, Cadott; Miss Blanche Genrich, Dorchester; Clarence Nelson, brother of the bride, and Arnold Thieme, brother of the groom, Stratford.
The bride’s attendants wore identical frocks of blue and pink taffeta with a full skirt of sheer ninon. They wore matching head dresses and wrist corsages.
Following the ceremony a reception and wedding supper were held at the home of the bride’s parents where white, pink and blue streamers and garden flowers added a festive note. In the evening a wedding dance was held at Wiedenhoeft’s park at Colby, Wis.
Mr. and Mrs. Thieme left on a wedding trip to northern Wisconsin after which they will be at home to friends on the groom’s farm near Curtiss.
Before her marriage, the bride, who is a graduate of the Abbotsford high school and Central State Teachers’ College, at Stevens Point, taught in the Dorchester high school.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs