Marion #2 (1944)
Surnames: Frome, Mellenthin, Hoffman, Berry, Dehn, Luepke, Krueger, Lutz, Borchert, Dins
----Source: Abbotsford Tribune (Abbotsford, Clark County, Wis.) 06/15/1944
Frome, Marion (Marriage - 13 June 1944)
Showers and sunshine marked Monday, June 13, the day on which Miss Marion Frome, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Edwin Frome, Sr., of Colby, and Gordon Roy Mellenthin, of Unity, son of Mr. and Mrs. Albert Mellenthin, were married.
To the music of Lohengrin’s wedding march, played by Mr. Lutz, the bride, on the arm of her father, met her bridegroom at the chancel of Zion Lutheran church and became his bride in the exchange of marriage vows. The Rev. O. Hoffmann officiated at the double ring ceremony at 3:30 in the afternoon. "Because" was sung by Miss Lenore Berry.
Lace and net were combined to make the bridal gown, fashioned with a train and sweetheart neck line. The long, net veil was lace edged and fell from a beaded tiara. She wore a string of pearls, a gift from the groom, and carried a bouquet of pink roses, white carnations and sweet peas.
Miss Lennice Frome, sister of the bride, was maid of honor. The bridesmaids were Lucille Dehn, Unity; Miss Shirley Mellenthin, sister of the groom, and Miss Marlyn Mellenthin, cousin of the groom, Unity, Wis. They dressed alike in frocks of blue net with full skirt and sweetheart neckline. They wore net bonnets and carried colonial bouquets of carnations and sweet peas.
Acting as flower girls were Miss Sylvia Jean Luepke, niece of the groom, Spencer; and Miss Audrey Krueger, niece of the bride, Curtiss. They were dressed alike in white floor length frocks made similar to the bride’s. They wore little net bonnets and carried colonial bouquets.
Cpl. Ray Mellenthin was best man for his brother. The ushers were Glen Frome, brother of the bride, Rudy Dins and Ronald Borchert, Colby, Wis.
*** Note: The rest of the article was cut off and was not available at the time of transcription.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs