BioM: Goessl, Mercedes (1945)
Surnames: Goessl, Kapfhamer, Brockman, Luderbach
----Source: Abbotsford Tribune (Abbotsford, Clark County, Wis.) 09/06/1945
Goessl, Mercedes (Marriage - 5 Sept. 1945)
In a double ring ceremony, Miss Mercedes Goessl, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Irving Goessl, Curtiss, Rt. 1, and Pfc. John A. Kapfhamer, son of Mr. and Mrs. John J. Kapfhamer, Medford, Rt. 3, were united in marriage at St. Bernard’s Catholic church, Wednesday morning at 9:00 o’clock. The Rev. Francis Brockman read the service before a nuptial high mass.
The bride wore a gown of rayon ninon fashioned with a sweetheart neck line; bishop sleeves and full skirt with a long train. A beaded rhinestone tiara held her finger tip veil, which was edged in lace. She wore a gold cross and carried a tied bouquet of white carnations and sweet peas.
Her attendants were gowned alike in white frocks designed with a lace bodice and peplum and net skirt. Their shoulder length white veils were held in place by white roses. Each wore a gold cross and chain, the gift of the bride, and a shoulder corsage of white carnations and pink sweet peas.
Miss Gertrude Kapfhamer, Medford, sister of the groom, was the maid of honor and Miss Ethel Goessl, sister of the bride, was the bridesmaid.
Theodore Goessl, brother of the bride, was best man and James Luderbach, Stetsonville, cousin of the groom, was usher.
Following the ceremony a wedding breakfast was served at the home of the bride’s parents. The immediate families attended the reception held during the day. Streamers of red, white and blue and white wedding bells were used in the home decorations. An all white, three tier wedding cake was the center of the bridal table.
In the evening a wedding dance was held at the Recreational hall at Dorchester, Wis.
Pfc. Kapfhamer, home on a 20-day furlough, has just returned from France and England, having served in the European theatre for 26 months.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs