Vivian L. (1951)
Surnames: Teitsch, Johnson, Luscher
----Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 12/06/1951
Teitsch, Vivian L. (24 NOV 1951)
St. Paul’s Evangelical Lutheran Church, Curtiss, was the scene of a quiet ceremony which united Miss Vivian Lorraine Teitsch, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Harold Teitsch, Owen (Clark Co., Wis.), and Arthur Carl Johnson, son of Mr. and Mrs. Otto Johnson of route 1, Owen, in marriage. Rev. Paul Dietz performed the ceremony at 2 o’clock Saturday, Nov. 24, 1951.
The bride, given in marriage by her father, was attired in a two-tone gray suit, complemented with pink accessories. A corsage of white roses, tied with a large pink bow, completed her ensemble.
Mrs. Geraldine Luscher, as her sister’s matron of honor, was dressed in a pink suit with black accessories and wore a corsage similar to that of the bride and tied with a large white bow.
Serving as best man was Glenn Luscher. Ushering for the ceremony were Walter Johnson, Chicago, and Robert Johnson, Owen, brothers of the groom. The groom and best man wore blue business suits.
The bride’s mother witnessed the occasion in a teal blue dress while the groom’s mother chose a dark green dress. Both wore corsages of red roses and white mums tied with a large white bow.
A 3 o’clock dinner was served to 60 relatives and friends at the Curtiss Hall. The table was centered with a large wedding cake, decorated with pink roses. Out of town guests came from Milwaukee, Chicago and Marshfield. Later that evening a dance was held at the Curtiss Hall, followed by a lunch for the relatives and friends.
The bride is a graduate of the Owen High School, while the groom attended the North Bright School and is a veteran of World War II, having served 4 years, of which 18 months was spent in the Aleutian Islands.
Both the young people are employed by the Master Package Corp. and will make their home 2 miles south of Owen on the groom’s farm.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs