BioM: Bratz, Dorothy (1953)
Surnames: Bratz, Huhn
----Source: Thopr Courier (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 07/02/1953
Bratz, Dorothy (20 JUN 1953)
Miss Dorothy Bratz and Robert E. Huhn, both of Milwaukee, exchanged their wedding vows on Saturday, June 20, 1953 at Johnston Hall in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The Rev. MacEvoy performed the double ring ceremony at one o’clock. The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Walter Bratz of rural route Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.), and the bridegroom is the son of George Huhn of Fond du Lac.
The bride chose a street length dress of blue chiffon over a matching shade of blue silk, styled with a strapless bodice and matching bolero. She carried a bouquet of white carnations and wore white accessories.
Chosen as maid of honor was her sister, Miss Ruth Bratz, Milwaukee, who wore a street length dress of grey chiffon over silk styled as the one wore by the bride. She wore white accessories and carried a bouquet of yellow carnations.
Attending the groom as best man was his brother, Donald Huhn of West Bend.
A dinner was held following the ceremony at the Knicherbocker Hotel in Milwaukee for the immediate families. Mrs. Bratz witnessed her daughter’s wedding wearing a dress of pastel pink with white accessories and a corsage of carnations.
Following a trip through northern Wisconsin the young Mr. and Mrs. Huhn will make their home in Milwaukee where both are employed, the bride at the Milwaukee Vocation School and the bridegroom at the Cutter Hamm Co. He is also attending Marquette University. The bride is a graduate of Stanley High School and the groom graduated from Fond du Lac High School.
Pre-nuptial events included a miscellaneous shower at the home of Miss Dorothy Miller in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Included among the guests at the wedding were Mr. and Mrs. Walter Bratz and Mr. and Mrs. Donald Bratz of Stanley Country.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs