BioM: Teclaw, Marcella (1953)
Surnames: Teclaw, Szymanski, Cook, Szczech, Neiman, Wnek, Lato
----Source: Thopr Courier (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 09/24/1953
Teclaw, Marcella (8 SEP 1953)
A beautiful fall wedding took place at St. Hedwig’s Catholic Church at 10:00 o’clock on the morning of Sept. 8, 1853, when Marcella Teclaw, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Mike Teclaw, became the bride of Leonard Szymanski, son of Mr. and Mrs. John Szymanski, all of Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.). The double ring ceremony was performed by Rev. Francis Piekarski.
The bride was given in marriage by her father before the beautifully decorated altar of assorted garden floweres and palms.
The bride was beautifully attired in a gown of Chantilly lace, nylon pleated tulle and net over slipper satin. Her fingertip French illusion veil was held in place by a beaded coronation crown. She carried a wedding bouquet of Rhumbrum lilies and stephanotis with orchid center.
The couple was attended by Elaine Cook, Caroline Szczech and Betty Ann Neiman, friends of the bridal couple, all of Thorp, and Barbara Szymanski of Chicago, cousin of the groom. Elaine was attired in toast brown lace and net over rose taffeta. Her headpiece was a lace crown with rhinestones and wore lace over taffeta gauntlets. She carried a basket of gladioli and pompoms. Caroline’s gown was lime green over bronze, Betty Ann in orchid over blue and Barbara in yellow over iridescent green. Their headpieces, gauntlets and flowers were fashioned to that of the first attendant.
Carol Teclaw of Oshkosh, niece of the bride, and Bonnie Lato of Thorp, niece of the groom, were junior bridesmaids. They were attired in yellow lace and net over light blue taffeta. Their headpieces were lace crowns with rhinestones and wore yellow lace over light blue taffeta gauntlets. They also carried baskets of gladioli and pompoms.
The groom and his attendants wore tuxedos. He chose his brother Richard Szymanski as best man. The groomsmen were Norbert Teclaw, brother of the bride, Marion Wnek, friend of the bridal couple, and Richard Teclaw, brother of the bride, all of Thorp.
Marion Teclaw, brother of the bride from Fort Benning, Ga. And Edward Neiman were ushers.
The wedding breakfast was held at St. Hedwig’s Hall following the ceremony, and a 6:00 o’clock supper was served to 350 guests.
For the occasion, the bride’s mother chose a dress of iridescent grey with a red flecked weave with black velvet accessories. Her corsage was of red roses and white pompoms. The groom’s mother chose a dress of silver grey with a black flecked weave with black velvet accessories. Her corsage was of red roses and white pompoms.
Norbert Teclaw, brother of the bride, sang a solo, "Ave Maria" during the ceremony. Mrs. Leon Kaczmarek, sister of the bride,, sang a solo, "Mother At Thy Feet Is Kneeling: while the bride was at the Blessed Virgin’s altar.
The bride attended Thorp High School, Eau Claire Vocation School and was employed at Luther Hospital, Eau Claire, as cashier and bookkeeper. The groom attended Thorp High School and was recently discharge from the U. S. Army.
The out of town guests attending the wedding were Cpl. Marion Teclaw, Ft. Benning, Ga.; Angeline Teclaw, Evelyn Kramer, Laura Lehman, Mr. and Mrs. Frank Strainski, Mr. and Mrs. Bob Williams, Mrs. Edna Seleski, Mr. and Mrs. Ed Glanz and family, Mr. and Mrs. Clemens Zdrojkowski, all of Chicago; Mr. and Mrs. Al Teclaw and family of Oshkosh; Mr. and Mrs. Ray Teclaw and daughter of Minneapolis; Mr. and Mrs. Leon Teclaw and family, Mr. and Mrs. George Konieczny of Milwaukee; Mrs. Mike Szymanski and daughter Barbara, Mrs. John Mikoldiczak, Mrs. Steve Markowski of Chicago; Mr. and Mrs. Chester Zank of Kenosha; Mr. and Mrs. Al Ness of Mondovi, Mr. and Mrs. Don Wigen, Lennea Nylund, Ann Lund, Gerry Nelson and Edna Emmerton, all of Eau Claire.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs