BioM: Young, Dorothy #2 (1949)
Surnames: Young, Baumgartner, Beschta, Nelsen, Carpenter, Kramer, Brunkhorst, Miller, Neuhaus, Oehlrich
----Source: Abbotsford Tribune (Abbotsford, Clark County, Wis.) 06/30/1949
Young, Dorothy (Marriage - 25 June 1949)
St. Mary’s Catholic church, Colby, was the scene of the marriage of Miss Dorothy Young and Vernon Baumgartner on Saturday morning at 9:00 o’clock. The Rev. N. B. Beschta performed the double ring ceremony and celebrated the Nuptial Mass.
The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. William Young and the groom’s parents are Mr. and Mrs. Walter Baumgartner.
Given in marriage by her father, the bride was gowned in traditional white satin fashioned with a fitted bodice with buttons down the back, and a wide lace ruffle outlining the drop shoulder of net. The sleeves ended in points at the wrists, and the full skirt had tiers of lace and ruffles at the sides and ended in a long train. Her finger tip blusher veil was edged with matching lace and was caught to a beaded tiara. She carried a bouquet of white lilies and red roses with sprigs of green on the narrow streamers of white satin.
Miss Marjorie Young was her sister’s maid of honor, in a white taffeta gown fashioned with a double tiered drop shoulder offsetting a net yoke, fitted bodice, and hooped skirt and matching gauntlets. She carried a bouquet of white carnations and red roses and wore a sweetheart bonnet of net and tulle.
Bridemaids were Miss Lucille Baumgartner, the groom’s sister, and Miss Lorna Baumgartner, cousin of the groom. Their gowns were identical in style to the maid of honor’s, in orchid and green, respectively. They wore matching bonnets and carried bouquets of white carnations and yellow roses.
The groom was attended by his brother, Donald, Ronald Nelsen, and William Young, Jr., a brother of the bride.
Dinner and supper were served in St. Mary’s gymnasium with covers laid for 75 guests. A reception was held in the afternoon at the home of the bride’s parents. In the evening a dance was held at Walter’s Pavilion.
The bride is a graduate of the Colby high school and is employed by the Colby Cheese Box Factory. The groom is employed at the Oakland Cheese Factory at Curtiss. Following a two week wedding trip to northern Wisconsin and Iowa, they will make their home at Colby, Wis.
Among those from here who attended the wedding were Mrs. Cathryn Carpenter, Clarence Carpenter, Mr. and Mrs. Myron Kramer, Mr. and Mrs. Arlyn Brunkhorst, Mrs. Alvina Miller, Mr. and Mrs. Herbert Neuhaus, Mrs. Gerhard Neuhaus, Mr. and Mrs. Amos Miller, Rhinecenter; Mrs. Mary Oehldrich and Otto Neuhaus, Cleveland.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs