BioM: Phaneuf, Phyllis Jean (1950)
Surnames: Phaneuf, Reiter, Holzhausen, Blasel, Daane
----Source: Abbotsford Tribune (Abbotsford, Clark County, Wis.) 07/27/1950
Phaneuf, Phyllis Jean (Marriage - 22 July 1950)
On Saturday afternoon, July 22, Miss Phyllis Jean Phaneuf, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Gordon Phanuef, and Lester G. Reiter, son of Mr. and Mrs. George Reiter, son of Mr. and Mrs. George Reiter, Stetsonville, exchanged marriage vows. The Rev. William O. Holzhausen officiated at the double ring ceremony at 2:30 o’clock in the parsonage of the Lutheran church at Stetsonville.
The bride was attired in a pink, flowered ankle length ninon dress and a picture hat. Her corsage was made of pink roses and white carnations.
Miss Florence Blasel, cousin of the groom, as maid of honor, wore a pink organdy frock and a corsage of pink and white carnations. Mrs. Howard Daane, sister of the bride, Sheboygan Falls, was bridesmaid. Her dress was of white bemberg, accented by a corsage of pink carnations.
Attending the groom were two brothers of the bride, Warren Phaneuf, Marshfield, as best man, and Marlyn Phaneuf, Milwaukee, as groomsman.
Mrs. Phaneuf attended her daughter’s wedding in a grey and white dotted crepe dress with which she wore white accessories. Mrs. Reiter wore a blue flowered silk print and black accessories. Both mothers wore corsages of pink and white carnations.
A reception was held at the home of the bride’s parents and dinner for the immediate families was served at 5:30 o’clock.
The bride attended the Abbotsford High School and the groom is a graduate of the Medford High School. He is a member of the 32nd Division of the National Guard and is employed at the Streckert Manufacturing Co. in Abbotsford, Wis.
After Mr. and Mrs. Reiter return from a honeymoon to Canada and the northern states they will be at home at Stetsonville.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs