BioM: Elstrom, Shirley Jeanne #3 (1950)
Surnames: Elstrom, Witte, Reeves, Frome, Seboe, Bloom
----Source: Abbotsford Tribune (Abbotsford, Clark County, Wis.) 08/17/1950
Elstrom, Shirley Jeanne (Marriage - 12 Aug. 1950)
In a double ring nuptial ceremony performed by the Rev. Rudolph Mueller of Spencer, on Saturday afternoon, at 1:30 o’clock in Zion Lutheran church, Colby, Miss Shirley Jeanne Elstrom, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Carl Elstrom, Colby, became the bride of Hubert R. Witte, son of Mr. and Mrs. Richard Witte, Sr., Unity, Wis.
Given in marriage by her father, the bride was attired in an all-over lace dress, fashioned with long sleeves and a sweetheart neckline outlined with seed pearls. The full skirt ended in a long train, and her finger tip veil of illusion net was fastened to a tiara of white sequins. She carried a bouquet of Johanna Hill roses and gardenias, fashioned in colonial style, with long streamers.
Mrs. Dallas Seboe was her sister’s matron of honor. She wore a pink all-over lace and net gown, and carried a colonial bouquet of gladioli and chrysanthemums. Mrs. Leo Bloom, sister of the groom, attired in an aqua all-over lace and net gown was the bridesmaid. Her colonial bouquet also consisted of gladioli and chrysanthemums.
Two nieces of the groom, Patricia Bloom and Paulette Witte, acted as junior bridesmaids. Their dresses were of yellow frosted organdy and they also carried colonial bouquets of baby chrysanthemums.
The groom was attended by Dallas Seboe and Leo Bloom.
Ushering for the ceremony were Arland Elstrom, Chicago, brother of the bride, and Richard Witte, Jr., Unity, brother of the groom.
After the ceremony, a dinner for the immediate families was served in the church parlors, and, from 4:00 to 8:00 o’clock, a reception was held at the Richard Witte, Sr., home.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs