News: Tioga (27 July 1900)
Contact: Duane Horn
Surnames: Cummings, Free, Froehlich, Asplin,
Young, Barr, Carleton, Sprague, Pope, Westphal,
----Source: Greenwood Gleaner (Greenwood,
Clark County, Wis.) 27 July 1900
Mr. Chas Cummings, of Greenwood, is hauling an iron bridge from Tioga out into the Tom Free district, and they intend to erect it soon.
Mr. Froehlich and son drove to Greenwood last Friday on business.
Miss Edith Asplin, who has been visiting with her parents, returned to Coon Fork, Saturday.
Mrs. Young is visiting friends at Christie this week.
Mrs. A. C. Barr, formerly Ethel Carleton, is visiting her parents this week.
Ray Sprague and his mother drove to Christie Saturday.
Mr. Pope went to Neillsville Saturday.
Mr. Westphal has moved his family here, and has started to make preparations for the building of his new house.
Will Smith is busy hauling bolts to the depot.
Land buyers are quite numerous here of late.
The dates fixed for Clark County's Great Blue Ribbon Fair are September 11, 12, 13, and 14. This is the twenty-eighth annual exhibition of the Clark County Agricultural Society, and the present indications are that it will be the best. Secretary Heath and President Webster are already maturing plans and have the work of Advertising under headway. If the present prospects of crops are fulfilled there should be a grand exhibition of farm products. The rapidity with which Clark county is emerging from the wilderness will soon place it among the best farming and dairying regions in Wisconsin, and the county fairs should be commensurate with its agricultural resources. Every land owner in the county and every citizen of Neillsville should become a county fair enthusiast from now till September 15th, and lend to the officers who have the fair in charge all the aid and encouragement possible.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs