Bio: Blankenheim, Nicholas George
Surnames: Blankenheim, Taetsch, Evans, Ray
----Source: Marshfield News Herald
(Marshfield, Wood County, Wis.) 23 July 1928
Nicholas George Blankenheim was born in
Germany, February 4, 1879. When two and one-half years old his
parents immigrated to this country, and settled in Jefferson
County, Wisconsin. He received his education in the public and
Catholic schools in Jefferson County. From the time he left school
at the age of 13, to 21 years of age, he did farmwork in that
county. He then accepted a job as clerk and bus driver with the
Mansion House in this city, then owned by R. H. McMillan. Six
months later he changed to a job with a bridge and building crew of
the Wisconsin Central, now the Soo Line; which he held a year. Then
he entered the employ of the Chicago and North Western Line, with
which he remained about three years, working as a section laborer
one year and as section foreman two years out of Hazel, Michigan.
Returning to this city, he resumed his former position at the
Mansion House, which in the meantime had been sold to F. O. Ray. In
1906 he returned to the North Western Line, this time as a trucker
at the local freight house, where he has been employed since. A
year after starting there he was promoted to station baggage man,
and six years after that to his present position.
Mr. Blankenheim was married to Miss
Katherine Taetsch, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. John Taetsch of
Greenwood, in a Catholic church near Withee, September 1, 1901.
They have four children: Mrs. A. J. Evans, Kenosha; Matthias
Blankenheim Jr., Milwaukee; Helen Blankenheim, Kenosha; and
Josephine Blankenheim, Marshfield. A son, twin to Josephine, died
Fraternally, he is identified with the Marshfield Eagles, of whom he is a former trustee and chaplain. Politically, he is Independent. His hobbies are fishing and playing cards.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs