BioA: Lueth, Mr./Mrs. Walter C. (50th - 1954)
Surnames: Lueth, Haese, Cathcart
----Source: Abbotsford Tribune
(Abbotsford, Clark County, Wis.) 07/08/1954
Lueth, Mr./Mrs. Walter C.
(50th Anniv. - 6 July 1954)
Mr. and Mrs. Walter C. Lueth observed
their golden wedding anniversary, Tuesday, July 6. Neighbors and
friends called at open house during the afternoon and gave them an
old fashioned charivari in the evening. Their children and grand
children were with them in the evening.
Walter Lueth was born in Manitowoc, July
3, 1878, and received his education there. For a period of two
years he worked for his brother in a general merchandise store and
then went to Chicago where he was employed for 15 years at the H.
W. Caldwell & Son plant, manufacturers of elevating
Mrs. Lueth was born Louise Haese, Oct.
14, 1881, at Reedsville. Her marriage to Mr. Lueth took place July
6, 1904, in Chicago. The young couple made their home in Chicago
for ten years and then built a house in LaGrange, Ill. After living
there for five years, they sold the house and bought a farm in the
town of Mayville and lived there until they retired and bought the
house in town which was owned by their son, Carl.
After coming to Abbotsford, Mr. Lueth
worked for a number of years for the Northwest Distributing
Company, at Colby.
Mr. and Mrs. Lueth have four sons,
Edward, Route 1, Abbotsford; Carl, Hartford; Walter, on the home
farm; and Fielder, both of Curtiss. There are 19 grand children and
three great grand children. One son, Elmer, died at the age of six.
When their only daughter, Mrs. Charles (Pauline) Cathcart, died,
her two small sons, Lyle and Charles, were raised by the grand
parents. Charles is now attending a school in St. Louis, Mo., and
Lyle is with the Seabeas in Cuba.
Mr. Lueth has two brothers and two sisters and Mrs. Lueth has four brothers and one sister. Both Mr. and Mrs. Lueth are members of the Presbyterian church.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs