BioM: Hagenson, Mary Lou (1954)
Surnames: Hagenson, Mattes, Dubiak, Autio, Telford
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 06/24/1954
Hagenson, Mary Lou (12 JUN 1954)
A very pretty wedding took place at St. Mary’s Catholic Church at Huron on June 12th, 1954, when Father Ernest Kaim joined in holy matrimony at a ten o’clock nuptial high mass, Clarence Mattes, son of Mr. and Mrs. Harold Mattes of Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.), and Miss Mary Lou Hagenson, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Henry Hagenson, Rt. 2, Stanley.
The couple was attended by Robert Hagenson and Mrs. Joe Dubiak, brother and sister of the bride, and Mr. and Mrs. George Autio, the latter a sister of the groom. Gerald Hagenson and Donald Telford served as ushers.
For her wedding the bride wore a lace over satin strapless bodice with full tiered ruffle skirt, chapel length, short lace jacket with long lace sleeves and a Peter Pan collar. Her head veil was set over a beaded half crown. Her flowers were roses and lilies of the valley tied with white streamers.
Her attendants were attired in maize gowns, nylon tulle lace over taffeta, strapless bodice with lace jackets and side lace peplums, floor length. They carried bouquets of white and yellow glads centered with red roses.
The mother of the bride was attired in a dress of coral nylon with white accessories and a yellow rose corsage and the groom’s mother wore a navy blue with white accessories and rose corsage. Mrs. Mary Hagenson, the bride’s grandmother of Neenah, was attired in a wine colored dress with a white corsage.
The church was filled with colored garden flowers for the occasion and the home of the bride’s parents, where the reception was held, was decorated with yellow and white streamers.
The wedding dinner was served at Koolmos Nite Club attended by sixty guests. The wedding cake, which adorned the table of the couple, was made by Mrs. Tim Thompson.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs