BioM: Lato, Caroline (1953)
Contact: Dolores Mohr Kenyon
Surnames: Lato, Frantz, Grabowski, McIntyre,
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville,
Clark Co., WI.) May 28, 1953
Lato, Caroline (Marriage - 18 May
Miss Caroline Lato, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. John
M. Lato of Thorp, and Gordon Frantz, son of Mr. and Mrs. Ben Frantz
of 104 S. Court, Neillsville, were married Monday, May 18, at 10:00
a.m. at St. Hedwig’s Catholic Church at Thorp. Rev.
Father Piekarski performed the double ring ceremony.
Multi-colored roses and hydrangeas decorated the church and
bride, given in marriage by her father, John M. Lato, wore a gown
of white satin with a train and a V-shaped bodice and yoke of
Chantilly lace. A fingertip veil with a lace edge and a
Juliet cap head piece studded with pearls completed the bridal
gown. She carried a bouquet of white roses with one deep pink
maid of honor was her sister, Miss Irene Lato. Miss Cordula
Frantz and Amy Grabowski of Minneapolis were first and second
Patrick McIntyre of Neillsville served his friend
as best man and Michael Enzeo of Waukesha was
choir of the church, accompanied by organ music sung
Mendelssohn’s Wedding March.
wedding reception was held at St. Hedwig’s Hall at 12:00 noon
for the immediate family and relatives, and at 6:00 p.m. relatives
and friends were entertained at a reception.
Each table was decorated with individual center
pieces of fresh-cut flowers with the exception of the bride’s
table which was decorated with a wedding cake done in white, gold
and green and topped with a pagoda in white, housing two silver
wedding bells. Approximately 500 guests were served at the
After a wedding trip to southern Wisconsin, Iowa
and Minnesota the young couple will be at home to their friends and
relatives at 202 S. Court Street, Neillsville.
bride graduated from the Neillsville High School and worked for a
short time in the telephone office at
groom also graduated from the Neillsville High School, attended
Stevens Point Central State Teachers College for one year and spent
one and one half years at the University of Wisconsin and has been
employed the last several years in the Neillsville
Out of town guests attending the wedding were from Chicago, Ill., Lansing, Mich., Neillsville, Marinette and Fennimore.
Stevens Point , Wisconsin Central State Teachers' College
In 1927 Stevens Point Normal School became Central State Teachers College and began offering four-year teaching degrees. When post-World War II enrollment became less centered on teacher training and more focused on liberal arts education, the Wisconsin State Legislature intervened, elevating the school to a Wisconsin State College with the authority to grant bachelor's degrees in liberal arts.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs