Obit: LaFleur, William E. (1860 - 1953)
Contact: Dolores Mohr Kenyon
Surnames: LaFleur, Cassidy, Mack, Clark, Young,
Bohnsack, Chadwick, Jenkins, Kunkel, Cleveland, Redmond, Behrens,
Brown, Moberg, Murphy, Nulton
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville,
Clark Co., WI.) November 5, 1953
LaFleur, William E. (27 December 1860 -
Funeral servicers for William E. LaFleur, 93,
were held Thursday, October 29, 1953, at 1:15 p.m. from the Georgas
Funeral Home, with the Rev. Virgil Nulton officiating. Burial
was in the Town of Weston Cemetery at Christie.
LaFleur was born December 27, 1860, in Essex County, New York, to
Cyril and Eunice LaFleur. He came to Clark County with his
parents at the age of 18 years. They settled on a farm south
of the Christie mound, where he assisted his folks for the next 16
years. The winter months he spent in the logging camps
near Park Falls. He also was a woods foreman at City
Point. In 1918 he went to Texas, where he stayed for two
years, returning to Clark County in 1920. From that time on
until he retired he worked on various farms in the county and the
last several years he had lived at the home for the aged at 118
Hewett Street, where he died.
He was married on February 10, 1902, to Frances Cassidy at Neillsville.
Surviving him are his widow, who now lives in
Texas, one daughter, Nina LaFleur, and three sons - Morris, Herbert
and Vernon LaFleur, all of McAllen, Texas. He also leaves one
sister, Mrs. Gene (Alice) Mack, of McAllen.
sister, Mrs. J. (Ella) Clark, and two brothers, Harry and George,
preceded him in death.
Pallbearers were seven friends: Irving Young,
Julius Bohnsack, Millard Chadwick, J. N. Jenkins, Herman Kunkel,
Ray Cleveland and Jim Redmond.
Mrs. Fred Behrens, Mrs. Hazel Brown, Millard
Chadwick, Mrs. E. L. Moberg and Mr. and Mrs. Frank Murphy, all of
Greenwood, were the out-of-town friends attending.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs