BioM: Hiles, Marcia Ione (1954)
Contact: Dolores Mohr Kenyon
Surnames: Hiles, Erickson, Zahradka,
Katzenberger, Schlinsog, Stauffacher, Winter, Larson, Garbisch,
Paun, Schilling, Marek, Braatz, Jacklin
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville,
Clark Co., WI.) October 21, 1954
Hiles, Marcia Ione (Marriage - 16 October
Miss Marcia Ione Hiles, daughter of Mr. and Mrs.
Robert Hiles of Granton, chose Saturday afternoon, October 16, for
her marriage to Tilman Ralph Erickson, son of Mr. and Mrs. John
Erickson. The double ring ceremony was performed at 2 :00 p.m. at
the Zion Lutheran Church, Granton, by the Rev. John H.
bride wore a gown of Chantilly lace over satin. The strapless
fitted bodice was complete with a matching lace jacket and long
pointed sleeves that came to points over the hands and a Peter Pan
collar. The skirt was of waltz length nylon tulle over satin.
The skirt had a large lace band throughout the center from which
flowed tiny pleated tulle. Her veil of imported silk illusion
was fastened to a lace over satin shell cap which was trimmed with
sequins and pearls. Her bouquet was a single white orchid
surrounded by sweetheart roses and stephanotis.
Miss Dorothy Hiles, of Whitewater, sister of the
bride, was her maid of honor. The bridesmaids were Miss Alice
Erickson, Marshfield, Carolyn Mae Zahradka, Eau Claire, and Miss
Marlene Katzenberger of Marshfield.
groom was attended by his brother, Harold Erickson of Janesville,
as best man. Ronald Schlinsog, Harold Stauffacher and Walter
Stauffacher were his groomsmen. James Hiles and Verlyn
reception for approximately 100 guests was held in the church
parlors. Classmates of the bride waited on the tables. They were
Misses Janet Winter, Shirley Larson, Carol Jean Garbisch, Marjorie
Paun, Bernice Schilling, Eleanor Marek and Donna Schlinsog.
The three tiered wedding cake, which was the center decorations on
the bride’s table, was made by Mrs. Victor Braatz and Mrs.
bride is a graduate of the Granton High School, class of 1954, and
is employed in the office of the Weinbrenner Shoe Co., at
Marshfield. The groom was graduated in 1952 from the Granton
High School and is employed at the Roddis Plywood Co.,
dance was held in the evening at the Country Ballroom after which
the young couple left on a wedding trip to
After their return from their trip they will make their home at 1306 W. Arnold St. Marshfield.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created
and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs