BioM: Schmirler, Ann Marie #3 (1958)
Schmirler, Wiedenhoeft, Schulz, Davis, Calmes,
Abbotsford Tribune (Abbotsford, Clark County, Wis.)
Ann Marie (Marriage - 29 Nov. 1958)
Marie Schmirler and Gilbert Wiedenhoeft, Jr., exchanged marriage
vows Saturday afternoon in a double ring ceremony. The Rev. Raymond
B. Schulz witnessed the rites at 2:00 o’clock in the rectory
of St. Bernard’s Catholic church. Mr. and Mrs. Anton
Schmirler, Abbotsford, and Gilbert Wiedenhoeft, Unity, are parents
of the bridal couple.
wedding, the bride wore a ballerina length white dress with very
full skirt of nylon sheer and wool boucle bodice designed with
three quarter length sleeves and accented with a white satin
cummerbund. Her finger tip veil of scalloped illusion was secured
to a tiara of iridescent sequins and seed pearls.
a bouquet of pink carnations centered with a white orchid.
Patricia Davis, Mosinee, friend of the bride, and Andrew Schmirler,
Milwaukee, brother of the bride, were the couple’s
wore an ice blue frock of crystalette with matching braid head
piece. She carried a bouquet of pink carnations.
Schmirler, mother of the bride, chose a royal blue flowered jersey
dress with black accessories. She wore an orchid shoulder
Theodore Calmes, Wausau, grand mother of the bride, and Mrs. Albert
Wiedenhoeft, Unity, and Mrs. Herman Hardrath, Owen, grand mothers
of the groom, were all honored with corsages.
the ceremony, a reception was held at the home of the bride’s
parents and a 4:00 o’clock supper was served to 100 guests at
the high school dining room.
Mr. and Mrs.
Wiedenhoeft are making their home at Gray’s Lake, Ill., where
he is employed as depot agent for the Soo Line.
The bride is
a graduate of Abbotsford high school and of St. Mary’s School
of X-ray, Wausau. The groom and attended Central State College,
Relatives attending the wedding were from Owen, Unity, Schofield, Milwaukee, Rhinelander, Wausau, Colby and Abbotsford.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs