BioM: Smith, Arlys (1957)
Contact: Dolores Mohr Kenyon
Surnames: Smith, Knoop, Sieg, Grap,
----Source: Clark County Press
(Neillsville, Clark Co., WI.) October 10, 1957
Smith, Arlys (Marriage - 5 October
St. John’s Lutheran Church at
Neillsville was the scene Saturday of the marriage of Miss Arlys
Smith and Ervin Knoop, both of Neillsville. The double ring
ceremony was performed by the Rev. Alfred Schewe before an altar
banked with yellow and white pompons.
The bride, given in marriage by her
father, chose for her wedding a gown of French imported rose point
lace, fashioned with panels down the front and back that extended
into a chapel length train. The bouffant skirt had rows of nylon
pleated ruffles. A tight-fitting bodice was complete with a
Sabrina neckline and long, tapered sleeves. Her finger tip
veil of nylon tulle was attached to a crown studded with sequins
and seed pearls. She carried a bridal bouquet of Fuji,
‘mums and ferns.
Her matron of honor was her
sister-in-law, Mrs. Earl Smith of Beloit. A sister of the
groom, Miss Lois Knoop, was bridesmaid.
Robert Knoop, brother of the groom, acted
as bestman. Marvin Smith, brother of the bride, was
groomsman. Jean Sieg and Jean Knoop were the ushers.
Music was furnished by JoAnn Grap and
A wedding reception was held at St.
John’s school for approximately 160 guests.
The young folk are son and daughter of
Mr. and Mrs. Frank Knoop, and Mr. and Mrs. Carl Smith, Sr., also of
Neillsville. They will reside at 425 Hewett Street
Neillsville following a wedding trip to northern Wisconsin.
Both are graduates of Neillsville High
School. The bride is employed at the Arbutus café in
Neillsville and the groom assists at the farm of his father and is
also employed by the Clark County Highway Department.
Out of town relatives attending were from Eau Claire, Beloit, Ft. Atkinson, Augusta, Granton, Marshfield, Loyal, Greenwood, Vesper, Fairchild, Milwaukee, Rockford, Alma Center, Eleva, Lake Mills, Elk Mound, Sheboygan, Black River Falls and Merrill.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs