School: Washburn (Dedication - 1958)
Contact: Dolores Mohr Kenyon
Surnames: Clark, Peters, Morley, Upton,
Lindow, Anderson, Dorski, Meier, Reams, Bright, Rizner, Crockett,
Kuhn, Kuehn, Ziegler
----Source: Clark County Press
(Neillsville, Clark Co., WI.) November 27, 1958
Washburn (Dedication - 30 November
Open house and dedication of the new
Washburn School building - first rural school building constructed
in Clark County in a quarter-century - will be held
Dedicatory addresses will be given by
Sen. W. W. Clark of Vesper, chairman of the state senate’s
committee on education; and by Donald E. Peters, superintendent of
the Neillsville Public Schools. Leonard W. Morley, county
superintendent of schools, will be the master of ceremonies.
The open house will begin at 12
o’clock noon, and the program is scheduled at 2
The Neillsville high School band under
the direction of Gavin Upton will provide music. The
invocation and benediction will be given by Darryl Lindow, a
Washburn resident who is studying for the ministry.
Responses are to be given by: Arthur
Anderson, Thomas Dorski, Louis Meier, and Mrs. Gertrude Reams,
principal of the new school.
Members of the board of education for the
district are: Louis Meier, director; Charles Bright, clerk; and
William Rizner, treasurer.
The building committee is composed of:
Mrs. Allen Crockett, chairman; and Victor Anderson, Bernard Kuhn,
Mr. Meier, Mr. Bright and Mr. Rizner.
Teachers are: Mrs. Reams, principal and upper grades; Miss Nancy Kuehn, intermediate grades; and Mrs. Esther Ziegler, primary.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs