News: Hemlock, Wis. (12 Jan 1903)
Contact: Laurel Bragstad
Surnames: Alberstedt, Anderson, Barber, Hanson, Maddux, Mead, Rand, Schwarze, Warner, Wright, Vanny, VaAlstine
----Source: Greenwood Gleaner (Greenwood, Clark County, WI) 1/15/1903
1) Ida Alberstedt left Sunday for town.
2) Dr. Barber was on our street last week.
3) Maude Wright returned to town Saturday.
4) Clara Schwarze is chief cook at H. Warner’s.
5) Mr. and Mrs. Hanson visited at the VanAlstine home Sunday.
6) Mrs. Cynthia Vanney visited several days last week with Mrs. Henry Warner.
7) The Ladies society will meet with Mrs. Byron Mead, Jan. 22 All are invited.
8) Luella Maddux went to Thorp Tuesday to help her sister take care of their invalid mother.
9) Birdie Anderson has gone back to her school. The smallpox scare was not as bad as supposed to be at first.
10) The Ladies society met with Mrs. Rand last week. They report a good time and a grand good dinner and absent ones missed something and in the future must make arrangement to be present hereafter. Mrs. Rand gave the society material for a quilt and the ladies will piece it and at an early date will sell tickets on the same for the benefit of the society.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs