News: Unity (12 Jan 1903)
Contact: Laurel Bragstad
Surnames: Cook, Hanawalt, Healy, Justman, Kohlhepp, Miller, Misner, Schmitz, Sheldon, Thayer
----Source: Greenwood Gleaner (Greenwood, Clark County, WI) 1/15/1903
1) W. A. Sheldon was in Withee Friday.
2) E. J. Healy and Van Misner were Colby callers last Friday.
3) Myrtle Miller of Colby was visiting Unity friends over Sunday.
4) E. W. Schmitz and Percy Thayer were Colby visitors Saturday.
5) Hon. A. Cook attended the inaugural ceremony at Madison last week.
6) W. W. Healy and wife visited relatives at Eidsvld Friday and Saturday.
7) There is some talk of Unity getting a department store in the spring.
8) W.A. Sheldon is visiting under the parental roof at Longwood at this writing.
9) The local basket ball team will give a dance Friday evening. Music by Justman’s orchestra.
10) Mrs. H.H. Healy, son Kenneth and Maud Cook of Neenah and Mr. and Mrs. E. W. Healy of Revillo, S.D. are visitors at C. Healy’s home.
11) H.J. Kohlhepp and family are now very comfortably settled in their new residence, which is a modern building in every respect. Ye scribe had the pleasure of enjoying a hearty meal with the family last Sunday.
12) Geo. Hanawalt was instantly killed by a falling tree last Friday evening. He resided five miles east of Unity. He is survived by his wife and five children. Mr. Hanawalt was laboring in the woods cutting logs. A fallen tree was lodged in another and as usual another was fallen to bring down the lodged tree. The lodged tree was struck by the falling tree, but this tree slid around and struck Mr. Hanawalt who did not step far enough to one side. He was instantly killed. The remains were taken south on No. 2 Sunday.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs