BioM: Hillebrand, Betty (1947)
Contact: Audrey Roedl
Surmanes: Hillebrand, Gall
----Source: The Loyal Tribune (Loyal, Clark County, Wis. 25 Sept 1947)
Hillebrand, Betty (13 SEPT 1947)
The wedding of Miss Betty Hillebrand and Harold Gall was solemnized at St’ Joseph’s Catholic church in Milwaukee at 9 o’clock, Saturday morning, Sept. 13. The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Oscar Hillebrand of Jefferson, and the groom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. William Gall of Loyal.
The bride, on the arm of her father, wore a gown of white taffeta, cut princess style, with cut work at the neck and waist. Her fingertip veil of illusion was caught to a tiara of rhinestones. She carried a shower bouquet of white roses, gardenias and gummilia.
The maid of honor, Miss Katherine Hillebrand, sister of the bride, wore pink taffeta. Her flowers were yellow roses and white gladiola with a blue ribbon. Mrs. Frances Sornrude and miss Teila Babich of West Allis were bridesmaids. Mrs. Sormrude wore blue lace over taffeta, and Miss Babich wore pink taffeta, both carrying bouquets of pink roses and white gladiolas. All three wore headdresses to match. Mrs. Sormrude and Miss Babich are friends of the bride and groom.
The flower girl was Judy Hillebrand, sister of the bride, who wore a dress of blue taffeta, fashioned after those worn by the attendants, and she carried white and yellow daisies in a basket.
The groom’s attendants were Albert Degenhardt of Loyal and Frances Sormrude of West Allis, Friends of the bridal couple.
Breakfast was served at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Bernard Miller, aunt and uncle of the bride, in West Allis, and supper was served to 30 guests at Pleasant Valley park.
Those from here who attended the wedding were Mr. and Mrs. William Gall, Mrs. George Hammond, Albert Degenhardt, Mr. and Mrs. Manuel Domine and son, Ronnie, and Miss Shirl Lee Brussow.
To the newlyweds, The Loyal Tribune extends its heartiest congratulations and best wishes for the future.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs