BioM: Goodell, Doris, (1947)
Contact: Audrey Roedl
Surnames: Goodell, Bombard
----Source: The Loyal Tribune (Loyal, Clark County, Wis. 23 Oct. 1947
Goodell, Doris (11 OCT 1947)
Standing beneath an arch covered with yellow and heavenly delight roses, Miss Doris Goodell, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Everett Goodell, and Dale Bombard, son of Mr. and Mrs. Milton Bombard, both of Loyal, were united in marriage by the same pastor, the Rev. Raymond Fleming, of Marshfield, who united the groom’s parents in holy wedlock 25 years beforeon Oct.11.
The bride was given in marriage by her father at a 5 o’clock candlelight service. She wore white satin, with sweetheart neckline, lace insert sleeves, with a beaded crown and a fingertip veil. She carried a small Bible, which the groom carried while serving in World War ll, with a lace backed nosegay of carnations, heavenly delight roses and lilies-of-the-valley. Her jewelry was a gold locket, a gift of the groom.
She was attended by Mrs. Fred Yaeger, sister of the groom, as matron of honor, and Mrs. Paul Sill, her sister, dressed in pink and blue identical gowns of brocaded taffeta, and carried fan-shaped flower arrandements of forget-me-nots and pompoms, with blue and pink ribbons.
The groom was attended by his brother-in-law, Mr. Yaeger, and the bride’s brother-in-law, Mr. Sill.
At 6 o’clock a wedding dinner was served for 25 guests. The table was centered by a three-tier wedding cake, standing on a three-ties silver platform with three candles on each side of the cake and calla lilies arranged around the foundation. The theme of the rooms was streamers of white, blue, yellow, orchid and green centered in the dining room by a white bell and two small silver bells in the living room.
At 8 o’clock a reception was held for about 100 persons. Out of townrest of article not available.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs