Obit: Schuster, Herman #2 (1831 - 1913)
Contact: Ann Stevens
Surnames: Schuster, Dewhurst, Hutchinson, McConnell, Marsh, Peters, Bury
----Source: Neillsville Times (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) July 24, 1913
Schuster, Herman (29 Feb 1831 - 18 July 1913)
Herman Schuster died at his home at Kirkland, Wash., July 18th, after several weeks illness. He was born in Germany Feb. 29, 1831, and came to the United States when he was 16 years of age. He located in New York state, where he resided for many years and where he was united in marriage. In 1873 the Schuster family came to Clark County and settled on a homestead in town Washburn, where they resided for a few years, Mr. Schuster working in the woods and on the river in the winters. About 1890 Mr. Schuster moved to Neillsville, entering the employ of Dewhurst & Hutchinson, the former having an abstract office and the latter being register of deeds. Shortly after Mr. Schuster was elected register of deeds and served in that capacity for 16 years. He then engaged in abstract and real estate work in the firm of Schuster & McConnell and continued there until 1894, when he retired from active business and moved with his family to Kirkland, Wash., locating on a fruit farm there, and which continued to be his home until his death. He is survived by his wife and the following children: Mrs. L.H. Marsh of Kirkland, J.F. Schuster of Neillsville, Mrs. H.C. Peters of Seattle, Herman D. Schuster and Mrs. Gwynn Bury of Kirkland, Wash.
For many years Mr. Schuster was one of the best known residents of Clark County. He was a conscientious and diligent public official and was unassuming, charitable and kindly in his private life. His honesty and uprightness attracted to him many friends and patrons and his departure to Washington was a matter of sincere regret to all who knew him.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs