BioM: Taylor, Jean (1948)
Contact: Audrey Roedl
Surnames: Taylor, Virene
----Source: The Loyal Tribune (Loyal, Clark County, Wis, 08 July 1948)
Taylor, Jean (19 JUNE 1948)
Jean Elaine Taylor, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Charles Taylor of Evergreen Park, Ill., former Loyal residents, was married to Marshall L. Virene, son of Mr. and Mrs. Ralph Virene of Chicago, at 5:30 p.m. Saturday, June 19, at the First Methodist church in Evergreen Park, the Rev. R. A. W. Bruehl officiating.
Mrs. Henry Hiorns was soloist, with Mrs. Lester Melrose at the organ.
The bridal gown was fashioned of white slipper satin, with drop-shoulder effect and net yoke, long pointed sleeves, bustle and a long train. Her fingrtyip veil and attached to a beaded crown, and she carried a cascade of white Madonna lilies.
Janet Melrose, the maid of honor, was garbed in gold silk, with matching lace picture hat. Her bouquet was a yellow gladioli cascade. Margaret Virene, twim sister of the groom, nwas bridesmaid. She wore aqua silk, with a picture hat to match, and had peach gladioli in her bouquet.
Linda Hairgrove, the bride’s cousin, acted as flower girl. Her dress was of pink net, with a flowered crown in her hair, and carried a basket of daisy petals.
Ralph Virene served his brother as best man, while Richmond Salshart and Donald Smith ushered.
After the church ceremony, a reception was held for 150guests in the Taylor home and garden, the latter being decorated with lanterns, gay umbrellas and a wedding arbor. Despite inclement weather, a buffet supper was served both outdoors and indoors.
Following their honeymoon trip to Niagara Falls, N.Y. and Delton, Mich., they are now at home at 9946 South Normal boulevard.
The groom is a graduate of Fenger (Ill.) high school, and the bride graduated from the Calumet (Ill.) high school.
To the newlyweds, the Loyal Tribune extends its wishes for a long and happy married life.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs