News: Neillsville (3 Oct 1901)
Contact: Dolores Mohr Kenyon
Surnames: Hosely, Leason, Bullard, Clark, Juve, Ketel, Spellum, Binder, Reid, Lowe
----Source: The Neillsville Times (Neillsville, Clark Co., WI.) October 3, 1901
Neillsville (September/October - 1901)
Gus Hosely has bought of Will Leason the small building on North Hewett Street north of the Smith grocery. Gus will turn it into a tenement house.
The ladies of the Presbyterian Church will give a social at the home of Mr. W. C. Bullard, Thursday, Oct. 10. All are cordially invited, supper at six o’clock.
On October 14, suit will be commenced against the owners of all dogs upon which the tax has not been paid. H. C. Clark, City Attorney.
Look over the exhibit of high grade portraiture at the studio of T. O. Juve, Oct. 5 to 21. It will be a display of artistic sepias and beautiful water colors. All are invited.
Neillsville ought to have an all night electric light service, and also there should be an arc light placed at the Omaha depot. The traveling public complains a good deal of our dark and mysterious looking station.
Emil Ketel, who has for many years been a clerk in the store now owned by O. B. Spellum, will leave that establishment Saturday night to take a position with Sprague, Warner & Co., wholesale grocers of Chicago, and will go there to enter upon his duties about the middle of the month. A Mr. Binder, of Eau Claire, will succeed Emil in Mr. Spellum’s store.
Chas. S. Reid, of Chicago, has rented Mrs. MacBride’s building on Sixth Street, just east of Joe Lowe’s furniture store, and has been here this week making preparations for opening a bakery. He is now awaiting the arrival of his portable oven, fixtures and goods, and will be running a model bakery by the first of next week. The upstairs rooms he will use as a residence.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs