News: Neillsville, Wis. - Marble Shop Burned (3 Apr 1902)
Contact: Dolores Mohr Kenyon
Surnames: Gilford, Warman, Eyerly
----Source: The Neillsville Times (Neillsville, Clark Co., WI.) April 3, 1902
Marble Shop Burned (April - 1902)
This morning at about 7:30 o’clock a fire broke out in the building occupied by Eyerly & Warman’s marble works, caused by piling household goods against a stove pipe upstairs by the James Gilford family, who had partially moved in yesterday, the fire starting when Sam Warman started a fire in the shop. The building was not insured nor the Gilford efforts. The marble stock was not injured. The fire department responded quickly, but the tinder-like building was pretty badly damaged before the fire was put out, the fire having a long start.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.