BioM: Hanson, Ethel C. #3 (1951)
Surnames: Hanson, Lindner, Colby, Braun
----Source: Loyal Tribune (Loyal, Clark Co., Wis.) 07/05/1951
Hanson, Ethel C. (20 JUN 1951)
An entrained gown of marquisette embroidered organdy with a Peter Pan collar and long sleeves, was worn by Miss Ethel C. Hanson, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. William Hanson, Abbotsford, when she exchanged nuptial vows with Carl A. Lindner, son of Mr. and Mrs. Casper Lindner, Loyal, at 9 a.m. Wednesday, June 20, 1951, in St. Louis Catholic Church, Dorchester, with the Rev. Raymond Schultz officiating.
Given in marriage by her father, the bride carried a bouquet of pink roses, white carnations, and white baby breath. Her fingertip veil was attached to a Juliet cap of lace and seed pearls.
Attending the bride were Elaine Lindner, Loyal, the groom’s sister, as maid of honor, Joyce Colby, Abbotsford, and Irene Lindner, another sister of the groom from Loyal, were bridesmaids.
All were gowned in dresses of frosted organdy over orchid, yellow and green taffeta slips, and each carried a bouquet of tinted carnations and contrasting ribbon.
James Lindner, Loyal, served his cousin as best man, and Donald Lindner and Arthur Braun, Loyal, brother and cousin of the groom, respectively, were groomsmen.
The bride’s mother wore a navy blue sheer dress with white accessories. The groom’s mother wore a pink sheer dress. Each had a pink and white rose corsage.
Breakfast was served at the home of the bride’s parents where the couple also greeted guests during the reception. In the evening, a dance was held in the Merry Ol’ Gardens.
When the couple returns from their wedding trip, they will reside on the groom’s farm near Loyal. The bride, previous to her marriage, taught school for two years in the Town of Holton.
Guests at the wedding were from Greenwood, Loyal, Cazenovia, Middleton, Chicago, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Wausau, Rib Lake, Baraboo, Dorchester, Abbotsford, and Curtiss.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs