Obit: Schwan, Otto J. (1876 - 1951)
Surnames: Schwan, Luther, Stange, Olsen, Voss, Grob
----Source: Loyal Tribune (Loyal, Clark Co., Wis.) 11/29/1951
Schwan, Otto J. (18 MAR 1876 - 22 NOV 1951)
Funeral services were held last Monday at the Trinity Lutheran Church for Otto J. Schwan. Rev. E. E. Aalto officiated and burial was made in the Lutheran Cemetery.
The deceased passed away early Thanksgiving morning from the effects of an illness which had lasted over the past three years.
Mrs. Romaine Rossow and Mrs. Ervin Noeldner sang "The Old Rugged Cross" and "Nearer My God to Thee." They were accompanied by Jeanne Nysted at the organ.
Pallbearers were: Chris Olsen, John Olsen, Edd Dobbe, August Witt, Alex Mrotek, and Oscar Neeb.
Mr. Schwan was born March 18, 1876, in the Town of Loyal (Clark Co., Wis.). He was a lifelong member of the Trinity Lutheran Church, having been baptized and confirmed there.
On June 1, 1904 his marriage to the former Martha Luther took place in Loyal. Shortly after the wedding, they moved to the Town of Beaver where they resided since.
He is survived by his wife, three sons, Donald, Loyal; Ernest, San Antonio, Tex.; and Harold, Glendale , Calif., and two daughters, Mrs. Albert (Evelyn) Stange, Wausau, and Mrs. Conrad (Esther) Olsen, River Falls; two sisters, Mrs. Harry Voss, Loyal, and Mrs. Adolph Grob, Merrill; and a brother, Louis, Chicago.
Out of town relatives attending included Mr. and Mrs. Ernest Schwan, San Antonio, Tex., Mr. Harold Schwan, Glendale, Calif., Mr. and Mrs. Albert Stange, Wausau, Wis., Mr. and Mrs. Conrad Olsen, River Falls, Wis., Mr. and Mrs. Adolph Grob, Mr. and Mrs. Andrew Kock, Merrill, Mr. and Mrs. Norman Boetcher, Rhinelander, Mr. and Mrs. L.H. Schwan, Chicago, Mr. and Mrs. August Linder, Mr. and Mrs. John Luther, Wausau, Mr. and Mrs. Otto Luther, Marshfield.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs